Celebrating Generation’s 10,000th graduateFebruary 27, 2017
In just over two years of operation, Generation has trained over 10,000 students, placing them in jobs and helping them to build careers. The program now operates in 31 cities across the world.
“We’re proud that Generation has reached the milestone of 10,000 graduates. Even more so, that 83% of them have been placed in jobs,” said MSI’s CEO, Helene Gayle. “Behind each of these is a personal success story, of someone who has started building a career and building an independent life.”
“MSI will continue to support Generation’s growth, to scale the program’s impact and address the global youth employment challenge.”
Generation is MSI’s first program. It is supported by several local and global funders, including McKinsey & Company, Walmart, USAID, and the European Commission’s European Social Fund through Escuela de Organización Industrial.
Recent media coverage of Generation has included:
- A Better Metric for the Value of a Worker Training Program | HBR
- Can this program solve millennials’ unemployment crisis? | FastCompany
- 4 work experience programs that lead to paying jobs | Forbes
- Turning qualifications into jobs | The Economist
- Generation case study | Business and Sustainable Development Commission
- Mona Mourshed on Creating economic opportunity through education | ThompsonReuters
- Gallup’s Brandon Busteed and Mona Mourshed on The Health Effects of Youth Unemployment | HBR
- Generation Kenya’s Kartik Jayaram and Mehdi Sinaceur on creating employment for Kenya’s youth | Kenya Business Daily
- Listen to Mona Mourshed on Attacking the Global Skills Gap | Getting Smart Podcast
- Mona Mourshed takes a “seat at the table” to talk the future of employment with Working Nation